Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Wonderful Life


I have been the luckiest girl in the world; my sister came to visit me!!!!! And she brought her four little ones with her, who aren't so little anymore. You can see from my face how ecstatic I was to see them. I don't think I've ever been so happy in a photograph before in my entire life. I am so very, very grateful to her for being crazy enough to drive all the way here to see me with four children in the car, and then to put up with two people who aren't used to having young children to get dinner for at a reasonable hour, put small objects out of reach, etc.


Here are some of the things we did:


We visited the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder - this is the reconstruction of her family's cabin near Pepin, WI.





















We also went to Door County, where my sis (an artist, married to a painter) could visit some galleries and we could all eat ice cream and go to the beach. Here is my husband being a good shepherd.














Some other beach-goers made this amazing mermaid; I wish we could take the credit.








And we went to a local amusement park, which was the first time most of the girls had ever ridden any rides. It was so exciting!


















After a bit she decided it was pretty fun, and then, like most of us, she wanted to do it again!


I am not too great of a photographer, unfortunately - especially with moving rides - but we did capture a little of the flavor the day, I think. I had such a wonderful time, and I'm glad to be able to share it. Surely these precious days are as good for our souls as and our health as whole weeks spent in prayer or exercise : )










Then I got even luckier; my Mom came and joined us! And I got to take them all to one of my favorite places, a gallery/greenspace/gardening center/cafe/bakery on the lake. We went to the beach afterwards.
And then we made sure Mom had her own trip up the Door peninsula for ice cream and more beach.





















































No comments:

Blog Rankings

Religion Blogs - Blog Rankings